The University of Northern Colorado Foundation, Inc. (Foundation) Board of Directors (Board) established this Investment Policy Statement (IPS) to provide objectives, guidelines and restrictions for the management of the Foundation’s investment portfolio. The investment program is defined in the IPS by:
- Stating the Board’s attitudes, expectations, objectives and guidelines for the Investment Portfolio.
- Setting forth an investment structure for managing the Investment Portfolio. This structure includes the use of various asset classes, investment management styles and asset allocation that are expected to provide prudent diversification and to maximize total investment return within prudent levels of risk over the long-term.
- Providing guidelines for the Investment Portfolio that control the level of overall risk and liquidity in the portfolio, so that all Foundation assets are managed in accordance with stated objectives.
- Encouraging effective communication between the Board, the Investment Committee, and the investment consultant and the money managers.
- Establishing formal criteria to monitor, evaluate and compare the performance results achieved by the money managers on a regular basis.
- Comply with all applicable fiduciary requirements that experienced investment professionals would utilize, and with all applicable laws, rules and regulations from various local, state and federal political entities.
This IPS has been formulated based upon consideration by the Board of the financial implications of a wide range of policies and describes the prudent investment process that the Board deems appropriate.